The website to which this policy applies operates under the URL "http://www.anglicanprovince.org/." California residents have the right to know how their information may be shared with third parties who engage in direct marketing activities, and in compliance with California law, this policy explains how you can opt out of having your information shared for such purposes.
What is Personally Identifiable Information
"Personally identifiable information" is information that we can use to identify you as an individual. Personally identifiable information includes your name, address, telephone number, and any other information that is connected with you personally.
Collection of Personal Information
Anglican Province of America endeavors to maintain the security and integrity of personal information that we obtain from our users. We do not disclose personal information to any outside party except as disclosed in this policy.
To become a Member of Anglican Province of America, we ask for your name, birth date, e-mail address, billing address. You will also be asked whether we may contact you by e-mail with information from Anglican Province of America or third parties we think may be of interest to you. You can opt out of receiving these offers at any time by going to your Account Profile and checking No for Would you like to be notified by e-mail?
About IP Addresses
An IP address is a number that's automatically assigned to your computer whenever you're surfing the web. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. Anglican Province of America collects IP addresses for the purposes of system administration and to report anonymous aggregate information to third parties. When guests request pages from Anglican Province of America, our servers log the users' IP addresses.
Sharing Personally Identifiable Information
Anglican Province of America may share or disclose personally identifiable information about you to other companies or individuals as disclosed in this policy, and when:
- We utilize third party service providers to provide products, services or functions on our behalf (such as sending emails or processing credit card orders or fulfilling subscriptions), and ask these service providers to agree to maintain the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information and not to use your personally identifiable information for any reason except to carry out the purpose(s) for which we hired them;
- You have entered a contest or sweepstakes sponsored by a third party, in which case the information may be shared with that third party for their use in their discretion, including direct marketing (if you don't want your name shared, you should not enter the contest or sweepstakes);
- The entity to whom the information is disclosed is one under control of, or under common control with Anglican Province of America;
- We need to protect our legal rights (for example, if we are trying to collect money you owe us);
- We must comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal or regulatory process; or
- In connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange, or other disposition (whether of assets, stock, or otherwise) of all or a portion of the business conducted by the websites to which this policy applies.
Links to Other Sites
The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our users is of utmost concern to us. Although security on the Internet can never be guaranteed, we endeavor to exercise great care in providing secure transmission of our users' personal information from their computers to our servers by utilizing encryption software. Only those employees who need access to our users' information in order to do their jobs are allowed access. Any employee who violates our privacy and/or security policies is subject to disciplinary action, including possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) does not allow the collection of any personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. In compliance with COPPA, Anglican Province of America does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
Deleting Your Information
If at any time you wish to be removed from the Anglican Province of America database, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertisers may place or recognize a unique "cookie" on your browser.
This policy was last updated on September 26, 2008